Day 8 - Onwards to Niagara Falls
I can't believe that our time in New York is up already. It has gone so quick. It has been a whirlwind tour, but excellent nonetheless. We have only touched the tip of the iceberg for seeing and doing things, but that will have to be for another time...
After a small delay of dealing with the idiot parking nazi's yet again (we had to wait 45mins for them to sort their shit out when we arrived - they can't valet motorbikes!!) we finally got out of NY and on the Interstate bound for Canada. Within about an hour of leaving the rain started and it never let up for many hours. We stopped to change into wets... except me, because I couldn't find mine before I left Oz so I'm soaked through... That was fine, if it was light rain... And to top it all off, my bag for some reason wasn't water tight and all my clothes got wet. The room looks like a chinese laundry...
We stopped at for lunch at a small village called Whitney Point and had a couple of fantastic pizzas at Aiellos Restaurant - the first for the trip. Awesome. We put on some more wet weather gear because the rain had increased since stopping and we didn't have time to wait it out.
Another 150miles and it finally lets up. We stop, get coffee, warm up and keep going. By this time I couldn't stop shivering - I was wet all the way through, my jaw ached... The temp had dropped from 87F (30C+) the day before to 49F (9C) today, plus it's wet, plus the wind chill factor, etc. Not pleasant!!
Anyway, I should stop bitching because we made it. Niagara Falls are awesome. The Falls are incredible. Photos do not do it justice. It is immensely powerful and majestic all at the same time.
![]() |
| The Falls from the Hotel room |





No comments:
Post a Comment