Thursday, 25 September 2014

Day 19 - Them There Mountains

Day 19 - That Thin Mountain Air

Wow...!!! Where do I start...

After we got back from our first experience of the Tail of the Dragon we went for dinner. On the way to the Hotel we decided it was too early.... Hard Rock Cafe was calling...


And for those who didn't believe the earlier photo... Here's is another photo of the upside-down building...



But what does Hard Rock Cafe, a great bartender, lots of bourbone and tequila shots (not so sure they were shots) mean... A supremely bad hangover... I'm sure it was only a few rounds of drinks...

This morning we checked out of our final hotel stay. We dropped off the panniers and then pissed of up the mountains...

Once I get home I will upload some video of this road that runs along the side of the river. It is awesome. The winding road follows the river for miles and miles. It has jaw dropping scenery and amazing roads, and some strange roads. However, apart from Gracey, I don't think anyone fully appreciated the road or the scenery!!

It was a slow and gentle ride...!!

Along the way Andy spotted a couple of cars and a few people stopped on the side of the road. Andy checked it out and found an Otter and 3 babies eating a fish it just caught. How good is that. Better than Hoop Snake tales!!

Traffic that you wouldn't believe on single lane major highways at ridiculously slow speed limits (that were duly ignored!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment