Friday, 26 September 2014

Day 21 - Shopping Again!!

Day 21 - Looking for those pesky things....

God I hate shopping... You know what I mean... You spend from 10am to 6pm and you don't find exactly what you're looking for... Argh!! Or you saw something the day before and think to yourself, I really should go back and get that - it was awesome/one-off/I really like it/a total bargain/etc, etc....

Try again tomorrow?

Well, we did. Gracey left for the airport at about 9.30am, so Andy and I armed with more information about sizes and types and colours and spending budgets worked out, we headed for the same places as yesterday. So important things first. Coffee.

Once again, we were there before they opened, and we were in need of coffee! So we went to Home Depot - this is like a larger Bunnings on Steroids!! (Honestly, it is huge!!) - thinking that surely Home Depot, the biggest home hardware joint in the world, would have a cafe of some description.... Nope. Nothing, Nada!!

And don't we get ripped off blind in Oz when it comes to pricing. Incredible!!

So, back to the search for coffee. We ended up going to the food court in the Outlets Centre because it's open. We find a cafe place and order. We get some strange looks when we ask for a triple shot vanilla latte with an extra shot in a medium cup... Yeah, I know what you're thinking, why would Andy be ordering a vanilla latte? I know, what was his pansy arse thinking!!

This time we tried and tried to find the remaining items on our list of shopping purchases, but without too much luck. We may have found a nice shirt or two and maybe some perfume, but otherwise we were all out of luck.

Oh well, that was probably a life saver anyway. Andy and I had a mock suitcase packing session to see what was going to be needed in the way of emergency luggage requirements... and while we didn't need to expand, we are TIGHT!!! Phew.

So in another 15 hours Andy and I will be heading to the airport bound for Dallas and then Sydney. It's a long trip home with a 7 hour stay in Dallas. My plan is to hire a car for a few hours, do a quick trip around the local area, experience the locals and then bolt back to the airport to fly out. Should be easy :-)


Random photos not previously posted:

Now this is a shopping truck!!!
Also good for roadtrips!!!
Old style tools for distilling bourbon
I'm still trying to work out if this an M&M or something from Ghostbusters...!!


No comments:

Post a Comment